+30 2310870670or at firstname.lastname@example.org
All hotels - restaurants
- Total results 5
- Pertouli 1
- Neraidochori 1
- Elati Pertouli 3
Published on 2014-12-03more
Published on 2014-10-26
After the village of Pyli, the trail climbs, reaching a small village full of green, Vrontero, or better known as the Lants. The name "Vrontero" is given by the thunder of weapons that fell here when it was organized the first Board of Captains. In Vrontero, the famous bandit Tzatzas found a refuge, for the price of which was called a fountain.
The tributaries of Portaikos, Tzarmpanos and Milos are crossing the village and it is surrounded by beautiful chestnut. Following a narrow forest path we reach the tops of Kazarma and Ano Lapatos, from where we can tour mentally the lake Megdova as to Pertouli.
The well-known phrase "Haber from Lants" confirms the reputation that had the village as "correspondent" of the new residents of the region. This was due to spirit of the inhabitants of the village to travel and the fact that in the place "chestnut forest of Kargonas" operated an inn - residues preserved until today - for those who were passing through the area.
In Vrontero, festivities are held in St. George's and the Prophet Elias' name day, with dances and food in pots that are set up in the courtyard of the Churches, but also of Sotiros' Day where the feast is transferred to local shops.
Lastly, there are many restaurants that operate in the village, which offer many local dishes combined with the breathtaking view of Koziakas.
Traces of castles from the Hellenistic era have been found. An ancient settlement came to light in "Tsiouka", a little lower than today's village, in a protrusion of the slope. Traces in "Kazarma" top, "Korpou" area, are also visible where tomb ruins and two skeletons where found by the archaeologists.
Churches - Monasteries
- Saint George, hermitage (a monastery once, as implied by the existing cells and the natives' narrations) with remembrances of 1748, 1833, 1840, 1842, where a gospel was kept (1740). The church was built in 1874.
- Prophet Ilias
- Transfiguration of the Saviour
CULTURAL - FOLKLORE FESTIVALS
- April 23rd, Saint George Day (in the homonymous church): The celebration starts with the Mass, "diaklisis" follows (a meal prepared by the villagers and served at the church to the attendants - it consists of "food cooked in a caldron" following a traditional local recipe) and ends with a fair in the courtyard.
- July 20th, Prophet Elias Day (in the homonymous country church): the celebration is completed with "diaklisis", the standard meal to the attendants with "food cooked in a caldron".
- August 6th, Transfiguration (in the homonymous church): After the Mass, a fair starts at the local taverns, called "magazia"