+30 2310870670or at email@example.com
Show on map
Published on 2014-12-03more
Published on 2014-10-26
Some of the major sights and most exciting activities in Pertouli are presented below.
Famous and dream are the Pertouli meadows, large green areas where cows graze carefree from local farmers.
Between Elati and Pertouli is located the Pertouli Ski Center, a wonderful tourist Ski Center that is in short distance from the villages of the region and Trikala and attracts ski lovers.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES - CHURCHES -MONASTERIES
* Next to the mountain "Giona" there is "Kokkinostefano" that gives the impression of a Byzantine or medieval fortress.
* Church of Transfiguration, aisled basilica built on the site homonym oldest church (1863).
* Church of Agia Kyriaki
* Church of the Assumption
MONUMENTS OF FOLK ART
* Hatzigakis Tower (1841), grandson of Bertha Hatzis (has been restored based on photographs and engravings show the first form). The Hatzigakis was the greatest shepherd of Aspropotamos.
* The stone «Gefiri tis grias», which is at the «Faragi tis manas», crossed by a tributary of Achelous and is a remarkable monument of the region as on the bridge there are carved representations of exceptional subtlety and art.
* The «Bazeikos Mill».
CULTURE - TRADITIONAL EVENTS
* 6-7 July, festival of Agia Kyriaki
* 5-6 August, the Transfiguration
* 14-15 August, the Assumption: The celebrations start on church, where are offered rich local dishes (mostly meat, pies, milk), and culminate in a feast, with the participation of bystanders, with traditional folk bands .
* June is the beekeepers feast in the church of Agia Kyriaki
* May, held every year in the Pertouli fields a large and relatively recent fiesta, the "Gathering of Sarakatsani": Sarakatsani from all over Greece gathered to represent the old nomadic way of life, erecting 'lodgings' looms and cooking traditional dishes by the sounds of traditional music.
* Walking Tours
* Pertouli - Mana
* Pertouli - Boudouna
* Elati - Pertouli - Neraidochori - Pyra - Desi - Gardiki - Athamania (and by car)
* Ski-resort Koziakas - Trypio Lithari - Kori
During the journey from the Pertouli fields to Neraidochori and to Pyrra following labels in the woods there are points of rest on tap Korpou, Chani Patsiantzi, the wood bridge and the tavern Vlacha.
* Mountaineering - Climbing
* At ''Mana Gorge''
* Mountain Biking
* In Pertouli meadows, forest roads and trails suitable for mountain biking, 4x4 and motto cross
* Horse Riding
* In Pertouli meadows on regulated routes by the guidance of experienced guide
* In Pertouli Ski Center which offers:
- Ski slops
- Ski Way of Strength
- Aviation lifts (ski lift)
* Trout, Briana, eels in the waters of Achelous
SPECIAL AREAS WITH NATURAL BEAUTY
* University's Forest Pertouli (where cross rare animals and is developed a great diversity of flora)
* Pertouli meadows (plateaus) crossed by the "Xeria" or "Pertouliotiko" river that separates the extremely meanders shapes.
* Lake Koziakas: between the peaks ''Astrapi''and ''Arvanites'' (from 1500 to 1600 h.)
* Mana Gorge: crossed by a tributary of Achelous and is habitat for bears, wolves and deer
* Camp area of Agia Kyriaki in Pertouli: offers the opportunity to visitors to camp near the forest
* Refuge ''Kerketion''
Meat from free-range beef, oregano, herbs and cheese. (at points of sale in Pertouli and individuals - producers).
Pies made with homemade leaf and natural ingredients, traditional bread, lamb in the hull, splinandero and kokoretsi from local meat and hunting meat (wild boar, deer, deer, hare, partridge, woodcock)