Phone contact

+30 2310870670

or at

Online Hotel Booking

Reset filters

All hotels - restaurants

Lastest posts

The Mill of Elves 2014 - 2015

Published on 2014-10-26

Excursion from Pertouli Sli Resort areaFor the 4th consecutive year the "Mill of Elves", in Municipality of Trikala and e-Trikala AE company give their new appointment with the young and old people at the largest Christmas and new year eve theme park in the country to enjoy a special way the celebrations of Christmas and New Year.The "Mill of Elves" year opens its doors on November 28, 2014 and will

Published on 2014-09-16



Archaeological Sites - Churches
ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES - CHURCHES -MONASTERIES* Next to the mountain "Giona" there is "Kokkinostefano" that gives the impression of a Byzantine or medieval fortress.* Church of Transfiguration, aisled basilica built on the site homonym oldest church (1863).* Church of Agia Kyriaki* Church of the Assumption
Popular Culture Sights
* Hatzigakis Tower (1841), grandson of Bertha Hatzis (has been restored based on photographs and engravings show the first form). The Hatzigakis was the greatest shepherd of Aspropotamos.* The stone «Gefiri tis grias», which is at the «Faragi tis manas», crossed by a tributary of Achelous and is a remarkable monument of the region as on the bridge there are carved representations of exceptional
Culture Traditional Events
* 6-7 July, festival of Agia Kyriaki* 5-6 August, the Transfiguration* 14-15 August, the Assumption: The celebrations start on church, where are offered rich local dishes (mostly meat, pies, milk), and culminate in a feast, with the participation of bystanders, with traditional folk bands .* June is the beekeepers feast in the church of Agia Kyriaki* May, held every year in the Pertouli fields a large

Pyrra is built in 1,056m above the sea level, 7 km away from Neraidochori. It is surrounded by the tops Avgo, Tsouma and Chameno and the landscape has plenty of mountains, streams and springs.

The villagers are mainly farmers, who are forced by the circumstances to leave the village in winter and to meet it again in the spring.

A worth mentioning monument is the Holy Monastery of Prophet Elias and Saint Modestos (1889) and Saint Nikolaos church (17-18th century).

A unique phenomenon of the area is the caves: at Kazania place with magnificent stalactites and stalagmites and an underground waterfall and Sarmanitsa cave. Such a beautiful place with endless forests of beeches and coniferous trees gathers great populations of wild fauna.

On Saint Paraskevi's fair on the 27/7, a variation of the classic custom takes place in which the celebration and the fair start on the 26th, whereas on the 27th the dances are engrossed by women with the men having a more discreet presence. On the 28th the fair keeps on mainly with the care of men and various folklore happenings take place.

According to tradition, Pyrra was named after king Pyrros, who became the area's king and built the surrounded by fortress city of Pyrra, at "Foniska" place. This tradition was confirmed when, during the opening of the Pyrra-Desi road, a javelin of the Pre-Christian times was found. Tradition also mentions that in the same location (Foniska) there is the golden helmet of king Pyrros.

No entries found.